Monday, June 14, 2010

HELP! Why do kids become shy?

I've been pondering this question in my head for a couple of weeks now and this is because I cannot understand how Cairo has suddenly become a shy kid when he was once so self-assured and confident. I remember that his teachers in Gymboree would even tease him that he'll become a politician one day because he greets everyone that he gets into contact with.

I had no trouble sending him to different classes before and making him learn different things but now I can't even make him try a new class. This all started when he got sick more often and ended up staying home more but I still had play dates for him to make sure that he had some socialization.

I enrolled him to gymnastics last week because he told me that he wanted to learn but when it was time for him to join a class, he wouldn't budge from his seat. He didn't even try going near the teacher. I thought that he'd be better the next time he goes but he was even worse the second time around because he kept on crying.

I don't want him to not do anything and just stay home to play video games here because I want him to have a balanced lifestyle. My hubby & I have decided to take away TV, video games and all of his power ranger toys from him and to just make him play with things that he can benefit from. We're thinking that maybe he's changed because we added these things to his daily routine. I honestly don't know if we're right but what else can we do?!

I'm truly lost and any thoughts regarding this matter would be a great help.

No comments:

Post a Comment