Sunday, June 6, 2010

Last year to be included in the calendar

I just celebrated my 31st birthday this weekend. When my hubby asked me what I wanted to do, I said that I wanted to just go out of town to subic and anvaya and i want to be stress-free for one weekend. So our family packed our bags and went to subic last friday. 


The ride going to subic was good because there was no traffic so we were able to reach our destination in under 2.5 hours. That's not bad considering that we came from alabang all the way to subic. We had dinner with our friends in Sakura, this japanese restaurant that serves the freshest sashimi and sushi. The food was great especially since it was also moderately priced.


Because it was my birthday weekend, my hubby told me that I should have a treat for myself so should I let get some decent sleep by making Phoenix sleep with his yaya. I agreed since I've really been running low for a couple of weeks now. So, instead of waking up every hour or two, I just had to wake up every four hours to pump. 


It rained the whole weekend so Cairo wasn't able to swim since we didn't want him to get sick. So, he and his bestfriend, Kenzo, just played in the different children's amenities in anvaya that allowed them to stay dry. As for me, I decided to take a dip in the pool with hubby and we were glad to just lounge and relax for a while just like old times.


I was able to sleep in rather late(around 8am) on sunday because it was raining and the aircon was just so cold that all we wanted to do was stay under the sheets. It was the perfect bed-weather that it was truly hard for me to get up but since I had to pump, I forced myself to get up. We had our usual coffee run then met up for lunch with Kenzo's parents in one of our fave subic restos, Texas Joe's. We had a super yummy lunch of ribs, chicken and corn bread before we headed back home to manila.


The weekend was relaxing and I loved it! It pays to have slow days sometimes especially when it rains :)

No comments:

Post a Comment