Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Massacre of a Watermelon

I will be the first to admit that there is one household chore that I truly cannot and do not want to do which is cooking. It doesn't help that my hubby studied culinary therefore my lame cooking skills do not go unnoticed. So, a combination of my lack of enthusiasm for the kitchen and my husband's expertise made me dependent on other people for my food.

Finding a good cook is one of the toughest things that I have experienced while running our household. Most say that they're international cooks and then all they know is filipino food. Others can cook well but are so dirty, disorganized and waste food. A lot can't even follow menu's and recipes.

For the nth time, we are trying out another cook. She's really good in cleaning the kitchen but it's a big question mark if she really has had more than 10 years of cooking. When we asked her to slice a watermelon for us, this is what she did....  



My husband and I could hardly believe our eyes. I wonder if it truly is possible to have more than 10 years of experience and still slice like that?! She's a bit old and sometimes is not able to follow instructions. My hubby and I discussed whether to keep her or not and we decided to still give her a chance despite her lack of respect for the watermelon above. Her redeeming factor is she's very clean in the kitchen(she worked in housekeeping before) and she also has a good disposition so we'll wait for a few more weeks to properly evaluate her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment