Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Exiled to Bellevue

I think that we all were shocked by the attack of "Basyang". I believe that most people were like me and thought that this storm wouldn't bring that much destruction in a few hours. Like majority of everyone in Metro Manila, we had no electricity in our place last night till this afternoon.

Having an infant try to sleep through the savage noises that "Basyang" made in our house was not a good experience. It wasn't because Phoenix was crying, he was actually very quiet BUT he was awake and I could see how wary he was of the sounds that he was hearing. Our whole house wasn't able to sleep because I think that we were all frightened.

The village was a mess when I went out this morning as I went out to buy a lighter so that we can use it to ignite our gas stoves. The streets have become color green due to the massive number of leaves and trees that have fallen on the roads. I saw about 3 meralco posts were destroyed together with some gigantic trees that were uprooted along the main roads.

Hubby & I decided this morning to check in to Bellevue Hotel since we wanted the kids to be comfortable since Phoenix has barely had any sleep today because of the weather and the brownout. Just when we were able to check in, my cook tells me that we already have electricity in the house. Great timing huh?! Oh well, we're already here so might as well stick it out.

I will tell you more about my experience in Bellevue in another blog.

I have to go first since I need to attend to my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment