Saturday, July 24, 2010

Major Body Pain!

I joined a boxing class last thursday after taking a break from the sport for about 3 and a half years. I have to be honest and tell you that I sucked. I was so bad! My footwork was really off together with my balance and punches so I did look quite pathetic. I did expect that tho.

What I didn't expect was the PAIN I felt the next day. I know, you must think that of course you'd be in pain after boxing but I thought that since I've been working out more these days I wouldn't be so sore. Wow, that was the understatement of the year! I couldn't even put the spoon in my mouth when I ate because my hand and arm were shaking but felt numb at the same time.

I am seriously having second thoughts about going back to boxing all because I'd have such a hard time doing weights the next day. My trainer said that I'll be sore the first week and maybe second week only then my body would've adjusted to the workouts already.

In the name of vanity, I shall try to go back into that boxing ring. As the saying goes, no pain no gain!

No comments:

Post a Comment