Friday, July 16, 2010

Mixed Emotions Day

We had our US Embassy Visa interview this morning and we were able to renew ours while Phoenix was granted his first US Visa. This was supposed to be a happy day, tiring but happy. Everything was going well until I talked to the yaya of Phoenix.

She went on an off last wed because she told me that she wanted to check on her kids and her house after the storm. I let her go then she told me that she had to bring her kid to the hospital because he has pneumonia. Things went downhill from there. When I talked to her she told me that she would just stop working because she won't be able to think properly if she's not with her kids.

I understand how it is for a mother to worry. The thing that irritated me the most is that why did she even apply for work if she was going to flake out right away?! She was a stay-at-home-mom that recently got a caregiver's certificate because she wanted to work and now that she was working, she couldn't put her feelings aside to be able to do her job. I just wish that she didn't even apply because it would have saved all of us this hassle. She left me hanging because she just told me that she can't come back anymore so now I'm left with no one. Argh!

Good help truly is hard to find nowadays. I'll just try to stay positive and be thankful for our US Visa's.

No comments:

Post a Comment